Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Self-Portraiture Progression


     My first sorry attempt at a self-portrait was drawing a picture from memory.  If I were ever to appear on the Cartoon Network I now know what I'd look like.  
     My second attempt was just looking at a photo of myself.  Although more accurate and slight more human looking than my first try, I still left a bountiful room for improvement.  
    When drawing a face from a photograph, go with the grid system.  I was impressed with how much my finished drawing looked like my photo when going square by square not concentrating on drawing features, but focusing on lines as well as positive and negative space.
     What I feel turned out the best was the hair actually.  Just by using line and shading I was able to capture the body of it instead of just strands.  I'm pleased with the outcome and hope I never have to do anything of this caliber again, because it's just out of my league.

No comments:

Post a Comment