Friday, September 3, 2010

Mandala

Mandala: 
Oriental Art a schematized representation of the cosmos,chiefly characterized by a concentric configuration ofgeometric shapes, each of which contains an image of adeity or an attribute of a deity.
Dictionary.com
     Here is my little Mandala.  Now, I realize that the things that make up my life are no "deity", but they are a part of my universe, so that makes them important none the less.  So, If you're curious as to who "Haley" is, all one needs to do is simply take a closer look.  I know my drawing abilities are sorely lacking in skills so I'd like to offer a little bit of an explanation.
     The camera represents my love for photography.  I first fell in love with photography when my sister brought home here black and white prints from a photo class she was in in high school.  I followed tradition and sought out such a class upon entering high school.  From inserting the film, to clicking the button, to reeling my film, though development, to printing I feel in love with making my own photos.  I now continue to pursue photography as a hobby and I dream of one day having my own dark room.
     I love to ski!  The ski snowflake is how I decided to portray this very time consuming love of mine.  I have been skiing Utah since the age of 3 and intend to do so the rest of my life.
     When it's not ski season...get out and road bike.  I am a more recent convert to road biking, but when I'm riding (especially in Cache Valley) I enjoy every minute of it.  My bike's name is Sandra, or Sandy for short.  We've had some great times together.
     Gilmore 4 Life.  I am an avid "Gilmore Girls" fan.  I cried when it ended.  I am a proud owner of all the seasons and I am constantly cycling though them time after time.  And in now way is that sad.
    The muddy shoe print expresses my love of hiking.  The greatest way that I know of to get away from the demands of the day-to-day and clear ones head is to get into the mountains.  Hiking provides a refreshing escape for me.  Nothing can compare to fresh mountain air.
     Hello Kitty's face.  Need I say more?  If the mere sight of Hello Kitty does not make you smile then...I can't even come up with a situation for that.  She's great.  I love Hello Kitty.  I have always been a fan and always will be.  She adorns my apartment in ever room.
     A good old fashioned vanilla ice cream cone.  Definitely my favorite dessert.  I'm never not in the mood for an ice cream cone.
     If you couldn't already tell from the above, I love Utah.  It's nerdy, but I genuinely enjoy living in Utah year round.  I love all four-seasons and everything they have to offer.  I'm also Utah born and raised.  I think that's kind of cool.  I don't know where life will lead me, but I hope to end up back here.  Utah is home to me.
     Admit one!...I love movies.  I love going to them, renting them, buying them, having nights dedicated to viewing them.  I love movies.
     That completes my Mandala for now.  But as you know, as I grow so will my Mandala.  It's something I'll be adding to for the rest of my life.


1 comment: