Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Picasso Head





    "Are we to paint what's on the face, what's inside the face, or what's behind it"
-Pablo Picasso

      Here one can see that I made eight different designs.  Two designs that would show texture, complementary colors, analog colors, cool colors, warm colors, and the last two: wild and creative designs.  I received inspiration from everyday objects such as my coat, my niece's quilt, and my embroidery floss made bracelet, as well as animal planet.  Our ever day is filled will fun designs. The project was not complete here.
     Part two was a contour line drawing of a friend.  What can I say, I'm really good at not looking or lifting my pencil from my paper because the above is practically a photo of Peter.
     Part three was to implement the designs into the face.  The part I was most pleased with was the hair which I used my small texture design (coat inspired).  Over all, I thought my Picasso Head turned out really well.  I loved the colors as well as the designs I was able to pull together.

2 comments:

  1. Great Quote!!! And beautiful work! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ages would you do this lesson/project with? What a cool way to incorporate multiple principles into one project!

    ReplyDelete