Monday, October 4, 2010

Chinese Brush Painting with Chop


     How cool is this?  I used water color, Chinese bamboo brush, rice paper, and Chinese painting techniques with practice and this is what I came up with.  In all of my years of taking art in high school and college I've never done anything like this.  What an incredible art from I've just skimmed the surface of.  
     What I was most pleased with was the contrasts I was able to display though amount of water, paint, and brush pressures.  Compositionally, I really love to use the rule of thirds and usually end up smashing things into that left corner because my eye finds it very pleasing to look at and I'm American.  So I tried to do something a little different and I went for the right corner to set up this composition.  I like the look of it.  But the contrast is definitely what I'm most pleased with.

No comments:

Post a Comment