Monday, December 6, 2010

Wire Sculpture


     I by far got the most out of this lesson I feel.  This was truly a "walk in someone elses shoes".  Students throughout the class were assigned a disability and then asked to create a wire sculpture with what they understood.  Some students were deaf, some blind, some had limited motor skills, and some like me were english as a second language.  
     The ESL students were asked to leave the room during the directions and then our professor gave us the directions via ASL.  I got none of it.  So I observed the students around me and thought discovered I needed to make a three dimensional animal about twenty minutes later.
    It was eye opening and really got me to understand what students can undergo in a classroom.  Loved being able to experience this.
    By-the-way, my sculpture is a bee.  In case you couldn't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment